Monday, November 11, 2013

Into The Wind

I had a couple of free hours in Portland today, and had my bike with me. I decided to return to one of my favorite spots, the Springwater Trail. It’s a nice urban trail with surprisingly few street crossings. I wanted to get away from being on the streets with car traffic, and this was just the ticket.




There’s talk of making this trail connect all the way to Mount Hood someday.  I wonder how they got that idea...

The East Winds coming down through the Columbia Gorge were a factor today, making it a formidable workout as I headed towards Gresham. It felt like being on an indoor trainer loaded high with resistance. At times, 15 mph was a moral victory.  Of course, there are days when the East Winds can pretty much just stand you up and knock you right over, so I wasn’t about to complain!

And why complain anyway, when you know what’s waiting when you turn back around for the return trip!

No comments: